Thursday, July 24, 2008

Homoerotic Jesus T-shirt found -- what fun!


A homoerotic baptism of Christ T-shirt caught the eye of a New York blogger -- and made me laugh when I read his account. Here’s his story, reposted by permission from the fourfour blog.

“The fact stands that Wildwood, NJ, can still turn out a hell of a T-shirt. Witness the best T-shirt in the history of them. OMG, you are so jealous of me and my homoerotic baptism of Christ decal. I wanted this on black, and the girl was going to do it, but her Middle Eastern boss was like, "Will not show. For male, white or gray." I compromised with pink. No one seemed amused. Whatever. It's the best T-shirt in history. I dare you to present a better one. You have already failed. The Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it!”

Need we say more? As I wrote in the introduction to my book Art That Dares: Gay Jesus, Woman Christ, and More: “Certain scenes from the life of Jesus have fired queer imaginations, [including] the male-on-male water-play of Jesus’ baptism...”

A special thanks to Rich Juzwiak of the fourfour blog for sharing his story here. Visit his blog to read the many comments from others who admired the gay Jesus T-shirt, plus his truly scary photos of an amusement park not far from the T-shirt shop in south Jersey.

Close-up of the homoerotic baptism of Christ T-shirt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)